[phenixbb] Phenix GUI big reporting

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 23 16:23:59 PDT 2015

Folks

One of the features of the Phenix GUI is the bug reporting which allows a
user to send a program traceback. This allows the developers to zero in on
the line that causes the problem but it is much easier if we have the
inputs. This is why we ask that you include you email se we can work with
you to resolve the problem ASAP.

One of the weaknesses of the current system is that it relies on the user
typing their email address correctly. If it is incorrect, we are sending
replies that bounce. This happens occasionally and it's almost impossible
to track the user down. We can also only assume, given that this misstyped
user is sending in more reports, that he is getting frustrated.

To that end, I'm naming names. If you typed in

 jwaning at umich.edu

please contact us or fix the email in your preferences.

Cheers

Nigel

---
Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 33R0349, Physical Biosciences Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov