[phenixbb] MR-SAD, SAD

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 07:32:45 PST 2015

Hi,

This rms value is used to calculate the initial values of some error estimates for structure factors from the partial model as a function of resolution, which are then refined.  After those error estimates are refined, they will account for a combination of incompleteness and coordinate error.

The default value of 1A is going to be fine most of the time, because the refinement will converge most of the time from the initial values computed from this.  However, if you want to you can look at what the MR step in Phaser estimated as the RMS error of the model after the final refinement (the refined VRMS value at the bottom of the log file) and give that number instead.

Best wishes,

Randy