[phenixbb] on HIS ** both conformations clash in the flipping

Smith Lee smith_lee123 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 01:13:02 PST 2015

Dear All,

In the log output of the Phenix refine, for the flipping of the N/Q/H residues before XYZ refinement, it often occurs something like "HIS ** both conformations clash, **PLEASE CHECK MANUALLY**".

Will you please tell me what will clash with 1 of the 2 conformations of the specified HIS? I have checked the specified HIS in Coot, and I still do not know what does it mean for "both conformations clash".

I am looking forward to getting a reply from you for clarification.

Smith