[phenixbb] Calculating map with electron scattering factors

Omar Davulcu davulcuo at ohsu.edu
Tue Feb 10 13:57:29 PST 2015

Hi, everyone.

Probably a silly question, but here goes...

I'm trying to calculate a simulated map around a set of coordinates using the electron scattering table.  Phenix.maps doesn't appear to allow selection of that particular scattering table.

I noticed that phenix.refine allows me to select that table and I thought I would set the number of macro cycles to 0 and turn off all the refinement options and produce a map that way.  I thought I would generate the structure factors needed as input with phenix.fmodel, but that also doesn't allow selection of the electron scattering table.

So, my (naïve) question is: what am I doing wrong?  Is there a way I can calculate this map in phenix?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
Omar Davulcu