[phenixbb] Starting structure as reference model - crashing in 1.10-2142

Tristan Croll tristan.croll at qut.edu.au
Wed Aug 26 20:30:02 PDT 2015

Hi,

When I attempt to run a refinement in Phenix 1.10-2142 using the starting structure as a reference model, it crashes with the complaint that the reference (actually, the error states NCS - despite no NCS being present or enabled. I guess internally it's using the same code?) is too dissimilar to the model, and a calculated RMSD of >90 (degrees? I'm using torsion-angle restraints in any case). The same settings work without complaint on the same structure in dev-2006. I'm running from the GUI, checking "Reference model restraints" in the main phenix.refine window, and then "use starting model as reference" under "All parameters... Reference model restraints...".

Thanks,

Tristan