[phenixbb] Coot mutation of Asp residue to isoAsp residue

Xiao Lei xiaoleiusc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:50:15 PDT 2015

Dear Phenixbb members,

I suspect one Asp residue in my model may be an isoAsp (isomerization of
Asp). I am asking if there is way to mutate Asp residue to
isoAsp(isoaspartic acid) residue in coot GUI (I'm using coot 0.8.1 EL in
Mac OS X10.10.5)?

I know there is a mutation button on coot, but the mutated aa lists are all
natural amino acids. If I have to delete the Asp residue first and then
build isoAsp into the density map, is there a way in coot to build an
isoAsp residue in map?

Thanks ahead.

Xiao