[phenixbb] Phenix.real_space_refine and B-factor

Smith Liu smith_liu123 at 163.com
Thu Apr 30 05:09:18 PDT 2015

Dear All,

By Phenix.real_space_refine if is very nic to fit a PDB into an EM map, and we can get a fitted PDB. However no matter what is the run strategy (default, morphing, local grid search, etc), in the got PDB the B-factors for each atom in the coordinates were always those from the original input PDB, which may make the B-factors in refined PDB meaningless. As finally we need to deposit the refined PDB and EM to the database, will you please explain how to settle the B-factor issues in the refined PDB related to Phenix.real_space_refine?

Smith