[phenixbb] on Cutting out density by Phenix

Smith Liu smith_liu123 at 163.com
Wed Apr 22 23:41:07 PDT 2015

Dear All,

I have tried to cut out the density by the Phenix graphical interface with the cutout type as model, but I find in the cut out map, there is more density arond the residues than in the input mtz map, here I mean, take a Lys residue as an example, in the input map, from Calpha there is about 1/2 of the sidechain was surrounded by the density, but in the cutting out map, there is about 2/3 of the sidechain was surrounded by the density.

Will you please tell me if I want to get the cutting out density in the model cutout type, how can I have the cutting out density looks exactly or very close to the input density in the input mtz?

Smith