[phenixbb] on the convergence of the Phenix refine

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 21 19:32:48 PDT 2015

Refinement involves many steps some of them do not guarantee monotonic
decrease in R-factor. So what you observe is possible and in fact
expectable just by the construction of the procedure.

If you would like to learn more

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2012/04/00/ba5180/ba5180.pdf

and follow references therein.

So if you don't observe R-factor jumping up by more than 2-3% then I
would say you have noting to worry about.

Pavel