[phenixbb] Off-topic: Hydrogen images

mohamed noor mohamed.noor34 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:58:18 PDT 2015

Dear all

I will be presenting about protein crystallography to a group of PhD-level
physicists and need some images from the community.

Would anyone have high-quality images of density maps that show hydrogen
atoms at
1. high and ultra-high X-ray resolution (say, about 1.2 A to about 0.5 A)
2. low or medium X-ray resolution (where H atoms are not visible) compared
with neutron data (with H). Ideally these images should be from the same
protein so that I can show the power of complementary beam source for the
diffraction.

A side question - what is the community's preference to get deuterated
samples? Is it crystal soaking or growing E. coli in deuterium?

All contributions will be credited. Thanks.