[phenixbb] Structure with pseudo-NCS translation

Esko Oksanen esko.oksanen at esss.se
Fri Apr 3 09:01:41 PDT 2015

 Hi Mark,

I believe at least part of the problem arises already in the scaling stage, where the programs assume a unimodal distribution which is not the case in the presence of pseudo-translations. We encountered a similar issue with refinement and pseudo-translation, where I simply scaled the systematically weak data separately from the strong and did rigid body refinement against the weak data and restrained against the strong. The details can be found in http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?ea5052.

  Best,
  Esko
_____________________

Esko Oksanen, PhD
Instrument Scientist - Neutron Macromolecular Crystallography

European Spallation Source ESS AB
P.O Box 176, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Tunavägen 24, Lund

Switchboard: +46 46 888 00 00