[phenixbb] Problems getting rigid and tls to run

David Shin davidsshin at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 19 03:02:50 PDT 2014

Hi -

Running versions:
  Version: 1.9.1692 mac-intel-osx-x86_64 osx-10.6.8
  Version: 1.9.1692 intel-linux-2.6-x86_64 redhat-e5.10

In both cases, I can run an input model I used previously and get rigid and
tls to work. With a newer model, I cannot get either to work (and yes,
there was a reason I tested rigid on a model that was refined once).

Weirder is I have gone from gui on mac to produce an .eff file to transfer
to linux - in the .eff file I get:
    strategy = *individual_sites *individual_sites_real_space rigid_body \
               *individual_adp group_adp tls *occupancies group_anomalous
despite having checked the rigid and tls boxes

Weirder yet, is I hand edit the file to add *rigid *tls and run on the
linux machine, and both still get turned off.

I diff the input refine.eff files between using the older model and newer,
and nothing appears very different.

The only thing I can think of is that there could be some legacy .hidden
files in the working directory that change something, but it makes no sense
once I port everything to a different computer.

Anyone have this trouble?

Thanks,

Dave