[phenixbb] [ccp4bb] Autobuild in specific area

Zhang Foggy foggyccp4 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 21:51:33 PDT 2014

Hi, Tom,

Thanks for your great suggestions.
Here is my awkward situation: protein-A has 900 amino acids, while
protein-B only 70. When I tired your first suggestion, I found that the
program only built up the protein-A part. No extra model was built up at
all.
Additionally, there is no published model for protein-B. Sequence alignment
and homolog modeling indicate that there are about 40 aa forming two
alpha-helix with the rest unknown. I can only see clear density on one
alpha-helix at the moment, and the R/Rfree values are 0.37/0.43 (2.5 A,
P1). Regarding to your second suggestion, I do not find this option though
GUI yet, will try tomorrow. Do you have any other suggestions on my
situation? Thank you in advance.

Best,

Foggy