[phenixbb] [ccp4bb] Autobuild in specific area

Terwilliger, Thomas Charles terwilliger at lanl.gov
Sat Sep 13 19:03:29 PDT 2014

Hi Foggy,

This is a situation that autobuild does not address very well yet.  Yes, you want rebuild_in_place=False.  And yes, if you do that it will remove your model and rebuild it. It will also try to build into the remainder of the map.

In practice, you already have pretty much the best that autobuild is going to produce.  Delete the protein A chains that autobuild built, and put in your original protein A. Now you have your original model plus whatever autobuild was able to build.

An alternative is:  select "consider_main_chain_list=True" .  This will take your input model A and at each step it will check to see if parts of that model are better than any other model that it has built. This can help for keeping the input model that you put in.

All the best,
Tom T