[phenixbb] Autobuild in specific area

Zhang Foggy foggyccp4 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 07:52:28 PDT 2014

Hi, All,

I am trying to use Autobuild to build a protein-protein complex model. I
obtained partial phase solution (protein-A) through MR, and can see some
density of protein-B near protein-A. I would like to use Autobuild to build
protein-B model into this area. I load data file, initial density map file,
sequence file (both of protein A and B), and protein A model, and run
Autobuild. However, The "rebuild-in-place" function confused me a lot, no
matter I set it to True or False. When I set to True, it only rebuilt
protein A model without adding any additional residues; while I set it to
False, it deleted the input protein-A model, and rebuilt a new one... Could
somebody tell me how to build the protein B model with keeping the input
protein A model in Autobuild? Thanks.

Foggy