[phenixbb] Refinement and Density modification

Ashu S s.ashu_1980 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 07:57:22 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am working on a 3.6A Se SAD data. Autosol followed by autobuild gave a decent map (as expected at this resolution) with a moderate trace. After building poly ala trace and assigning few resides in and around Se positions when I refine the model, all the sharp features of the electron density map are lost. For example, a nice looking helical density becomes a tube. I presume that this happens because wilson B is high (~110 A2) and the map requires modification, sharpening etc. Is there a way to get the map with similar sharp features after model building  and refinement as auto build gives? How could I follow exactly the same steps of density modification etc which auto build does?

Thanks,

Ashu