[phenixbb] Phenix.ensemble_refinment questions

Tom Burnley tom.burnley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 07:18:45 PST 2014

Hi Joseph,

1) IIRC the fully phased SFs weren't deposited and we asked the
authors for them.  Whilst I was developing ER we hadn't allowed for
phase information to be used in the target function.

2) It is possible that a optimal parameters are found by grid
searching all three parameters at once.  If no value for tx is
supplied it will estimate Tx based on resolution and this is typically
very reliable.

3) With a cluster I would suggest using the auto Tx setting as above
and running a grid of temperature offsets and ptls values: e.g 12
parallel of 1, 2.5, 5 (temp) and 0.95, 0.9, 0.8, 0.6 (ptls).

More details can be found here:
http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2013_07.pdf

I haven't been actively developing ensemble refinement for a while now
so other may have more up-to-date answers....

Hope that helps,

Tom