[phenixbb] how to refine everything except n residues in phenix.refine?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri May 23 08:36:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

while you can exclude any atoms from refinement,

refinement {
   refine {
     sites {
       individual = not (chain Z and resseq 1:123)
     }
   }
}

that will refine coordinates of everything but atoms in "chain Z and
resseq 1:123",

I guess you can handle this situation more elegantly. Can you please
send me PDB file or its portion containing relevant residues (before and
after refinement, so I see how they pushed apart), and I might be able
to suggest a better solution.

Pavel