[phenixbb] Phenix-rosetta refinement problems

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon May 5 12:55:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Oliver Clarke <olibclarke at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am struggling a little to get Rosetta and phenix to play happily with
> one another (I’d like to use the phenix.rosetta_refine module).
>
> I am currently using the latest nightlies of phenix (1.9-1690) and rosetta
> (2014.16.56682), and I run into errors (reproduced below) when attempting
> to build the phenix-rosetta interface.
>
> Does anyone have any insights as to how to fix this problem, or
> suggestions as to which pair of phenix and rosetta versions are known to be
> compatible with one another?

The key line is this:

> cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

because someone had the bright idea to add the "-Werror" flag.  (Actually,
it's a useful option to have, but not so useful when deploying source-only
software on a wide range of systems that you don't have access to.)  I
think you can fix it by editing one of the settings files:

find . -name "basic.settings"

and comment out the lines containing "Werror".

The versions you're using should be okay otherwise, but I will
double-check.  My next big project is to refactor our nightly build system,
which will include testing the live Rosetta code along with the rest of
Phenix.  (We still can't distribute it, though.)

-Nat