[phenixbb] efresol (effective resolution ) : updated version

Alexandre OURJOUMTSEV sacha at igbmc.fr
Thu Jun 19 01:11:59 PDT 2014

Dear All,

Sorry for spamming.
Thanking to the criticism and advices from a number of recent testers (in particular, Mark van Raaij, Oleg Sobolev, Pavel Afonine), we produced an updated version (version 2.3) of the program EFRESOL to calculate the effective and optical resolutions and the anisotropy ratio for a data set of an arbitrary completeness, as it was recently discussed in the ccp4bb. The new version seems to be stable over various computers and systems. A few 'bugs' have been also fixed.
This version can be free taken from :
http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/arn/Site_UPR9002/efresol/Efresol.html
http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/arn/Site_UPR9002/Sites.html
We used the same occasion to update the program FOBSCOM (Urzhumtseva & Urzhumtsev, J.Appl.Cryst., 2011) which allows one to visualize a diffraction data set and to numerically characterize the regions of missed reflections. The new version can be free downloaded from
http://www-ibmc.u-strasbg.fr/arn/Site_UPR9002/fobscom/Fobscom.html

With best wishes,

Sacha Urzhumtsev
(IGBMC, Strasbourg ; Universite de Lorraine, Nancy)