[phenixbb] B factors too high for low resolution data refinement

李翔 lixiang1642 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:05:30 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I am working on my low-resolution data (~6.5 A). When I was doing
refinement with PHENIX, the B factors remain pretty high (~400, not sure
whether it is normal for the data with such resolution.) And B factors
further increased after group B factor refinement (~500). Does it mean the
group B factors refinement not working or is there a way I can somehow
define a limit for B-factors? (I read one previous topic a few years ago
which indicates the B factor can not be controlled. Not sure whether it is
available now).

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,
Xiang