[phenixbb] Anomalous or not?

CPMAS Chen cpmasmit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:29:08 PDT 2014

Phil, the Br is in ligand, as you suggest, I might just see weak anomalous.

Ryan, you are right. I have no evidence to show the Br-ligand I used is in
the protein structure.

resolution does not degrade much along with frames

I think this is just a weak anomalous signal datasets.

Thanks.

Charles

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Phil Jeffrey <pjeffrey at princeton.edu>
wrote:

> Charles,
>
> So if you have bound ligand with a covalently-linked Bromine, and the
> ligand isn't abundant in your unit cell, don't you *expect* the anomalous
> signal to be weak ?  Have you tried a DANO model-phased difference map or
> something comparable ?
>
> Phil Jeffrey
> Princeton
>

> On 7/10/14 12:52 PM, CPMAS Chen wrote:
>
>> Well, let me make this clear.
>>
>> 1. I am using Br anomalous signal to identify the potentially bound
>> ligand.
>> 2. I do shoot the crystals at 0.92A.
>> 3. the different crystals have different resolution, but anomalous
>> signal was weak as reported by autoxds.
>>
>> Charles

Charles Chen

Research Associate

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

Department of Anesthesiology