[phenixbb] Anomalous or not?

CPMAS Chen cpmasmit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:03:11 PDT 2014

Hi, Phenix Users,

I recently collected data at SSRL. I used autoxds and multiscale to merge
couple of datasets and hoped to see some anomalous signals. Now comes the
questions.

1. if I use the default sigma(=2), then autoxds will report weak anomalous
signals and leave the friedel flag off. If I lower sigma to 1.5, it will
report strong anomalous signals.
2. when I used Xtriage under Phenix to check the data quality, it reported
weak anomalous signal or at above 10A.
3. I used aimless (in CCP4) to merge data, it also reported weak anomalous
signal.

Which result should I trust? By the way, how can I view/display the
***.anamplot file, which is apparently xmgr format file, but I can not
display in CCP4i.

Thanks!

Charles Chen

Research Associate

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

Department of Anesthesiology