[phenixbb] Real space refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Feb 16 23:28:03 PST 2014

Hi Mavis,

you can do it in Phenix. Command line tool for this is:
phenix.real_space_refine. Just give it map and model and see what
happens, like this:

phenix.real_space_refine model.pdb ccp4_formatted_map.map

I wrote this program specifically to do various kinds of model
refinement against the map, with the main focus on EM maps. Have a look
at the article that briefly describes it here:
http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2013_07.pdf
"New tool: phenix.real_space_refine".
The article is from last year but I haven't done much since then so it
pretty much documents the current state of the art.

Should you have any questions or problems or need any help with this
please let me know off list.

All the best,
Pavel