[phenixbb] how to remove hydrogen from pdb

Zhijie Li zhijie.li at utoronto.ca
Thu Feb 6 14:43:57 PST 2014

Hi Afshan,

Here is my little Linux shell script for removing hydrogen atoms from PDB. It uses the PDBCUR program in CCP4 package (my apologies to the PhenixBB!). With little modification you can also turn it into scripts for other things, like, to remove alternative comfomations, ANISOU,etc.. Please read the CCP4 manual for PDBCUR.
###
# remove_Hydrogen.sh
pdbcur XYZIN $1 XYZOUT $1_noH.pdb<<EOF
DELHYD
END
EOF
###

Save the part between the two ### as a text file with name “remove_Hydrogen.sh”, then turn it into an excutable:
>chmod 755 remove_Hydrogen.sh

To use it:
>./remove_Hydrogen.sh xxxx.pdb

Zhijie