[phenixbb] how to use a dimer as a search model by MRage

Gabor Bunkoczi gb360 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 01:21:54 PST 2014

Dear Takaaki,

apologies, I have missed the point that you defined your search models
as "templates" instead of "ensembles". If these are 100% identical
models for the complex, then using an "ensemble" is the right thing to
do.

You can use the phaser.MRage.solutions to extract solution N from the
.pkl file:

phaser.MRage.solutions extract mrage_P61_results.pkl [--index=N]

However, it may be worthwhile to repeat the search with the dimers as
search models, in case those give better solutions. Also, have you
checked other space groups, such as P65?

Best wishes, Gabor