[phenixbb] Alternate sequence

Mullins, Elwood A. elwood.mullins at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 11 10:28:28 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm having trouble refining a protein-DNA complex in which one of the DNA strands has a mixture of two different nucleotides at one position. Both are non-standard and require CIF files. I tried assigning each nucleotide the same chain identifier and the same residue number but unique alternate location identifiers. This didn't work. Phenix refined the model but only linked one of the nucleotides with the rest of the chain, pushing the 3' OH and 5' phosphate out of the density for the other nucleotide. Coot won't even open the model output by Phenix. I assume there's some way to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Elwood

Elwood A. Mullins, Ph.D. <> elwood.mullins at vanderbilt.edu<mailto:elwood.mullins at vanderbilt.edu> <> tel 615.936.5234 <> fax 615.343.6707