[phenixbb] define acetyl-methionine for coot and phenix

Ursula Schulze-Gahmen uschulze-gahmen at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 20 12:06:46 PDT 2013

I am trying to include a N-terminal acetylated methionine in my model.
I replaced my methionine with a AME residue from the pdb data bank and
included a link command to connect the C from AME with the N of the
second residue. The AME is defined as HETATM. When I try to regularize
this structure in Coot it doesn't recognize that the 1. and 2. residue
should stay connected. What or how do I need to define this residue or
the connection so that I can model in Coot and refine in Phenix?

Ursula
--
Ursula Schulze-Gahmen, Ph.D.
Assistant Researcher