[phenixbb] Need help with atom selection for anisotropic refinement

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Oct 27 21:26:14 PDT 2013

Hi Mark,

if for isotropic ADP refinement you want

"element H or element D or resname HOH or chain E or chain F or chain A
or chain B"

then I assume for anisotropic you want all the rest, that is

"not (element H or element D or resname HOH or chain E or chain F or
chain A or chain B)"

which is basically everything else not selected for isotropic ADP
refinement.

Note, ADPs of atoms that were not selected for iso/anisotropic
refinement will not be refined at all. So this is why it's good to
specify what you want to refine as isotropic (or anisotropic) and repeat
the same using "not" for anisotropic (isotropic), as shown in example above.

Pavel