[phenixbb] Using experimental phases in refinement

Kumar, Abhinav abhinavk at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 26 09:41:35 PDT 2013

We at JCSG follow the following protocol for all structure solution/refinement:
1. Experimental phasing: location of heavy atoms either by shelx or solve.
2. If shelx is used for heavy atom location, refine those coordinates with sharp and phase.
3. The resultant solve.mtz or eden-unique.mtz file contains HL coefficients. Use these HL coefficients in refinement.

In your case, you can directly feed the heavy atom positions from your model to solve or sharp.

Thanks,
Abhinav
Abhinav Kumar, Ph.D.
Joint Center for Structural Genomics
SSRL, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2575 Sand Hill Rd, Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 926-2992