[phenixbb] protein-ligand complex structure

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 25 13:17:30 PDT 2013

Hi Wei,

it's difficult to tell what's happening without looking at files. First,
I would compute ligand OMIT map. Then fit ligand into it and refined
ligands coordinates and ADPs. If you see negative density around ligand
after refinement among other reasons this may indicate that the ligand
or parts of it have multiple conformations in which case you need to
model them as such or at least refine group occupancy of the one copy.

If ligand crosses a special position then it becomes a different story.

If you send me files (data, model, cifs if any) and indicate which
ligands are in question I will have a look. Please send files to my
email directly, not the entire mailing list.

Pavel