[phenixbb] Problem in reducing R-factor

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 11 12:17:08 PDT 2013

I'm *thinking* (not doing it right now) to make phenix.refine do
something of this sort  automatically if the resolution is really 1.3A
(and not in fact say 1.5 or so but data file has a couple of reflections
nearing 1.3A, which would tend people claim it is 1.3A resolution!) and
r-factors are not too far to expected ones given *actual* data
resolution. Of course "1.3A" in this case is going to be a range between
1 and 1.5A in terms of data quality.

Pavel