[phenixbb] Problem in reducing R-factor

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 11 08:39:33 PDT 2013

What happens if you try refining protein atoms (but not waters) with
individual anisotropic B-factors instead of TLS?  It isn't guaranteed to
work at 1.3Å, but it usually does (in my hands, anyway).

Also make sure you have explicit hydrogens added; this will have a
significant effect at this resolution.  And turn on the water update if you
haven't already.