[phenixbb] Worse R factor with newer version of phenix

Felix Frolow mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Oct 8 22:07:24 PDT 2013

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Tel:  ++972-3640-8723
Fax: ++972-3640-9407
Cellular: 0547 459 608

On Oct 9, 2013, at 03:30 , Nathaniel Echols <nechols at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Okay, everyone experience problems like this in 1.8.4, could you please answer the following survey:

My problems started earlier as  the only version I can use without significant diversion R factors (several %) is 1.8.2.1309 (of those still visible on nightly builds).

> 1) Are you using secondary structure restraints?

NO

> 2) If you turn off secondary structure restraints, does that fix the problem?

Irrelevant

> 3) If you leave secondary structure restraints on, but set the parameter refinement.secondary_structure.h_bond_restraints.remove_outliers to True, does that also yield a reasonably correct result?  (GUI users, you should be able to just do a parameter search for "remove_outliers".)

Irrelevant