[phenixbb] DEN refinement

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 2 13:56:36 PDT 2013

Hi Jan,

Did you run your DEN refinement with optimize=True? If you haven't run the
grid optimization, it's unlikely that you found the optimal gamma/weight
pair for your specific case.

Also, I would recommend not using reference model restraints while running
DEN refinement. This could potentially prevent your model from "deforming",
if you are restraining it to be the same as a reference model.

To use a reference file with DEN, you would use:

den.reference_file="path_to_reference_file"

That will handle the chainID/resID matching automatically, and correctly
use your reference in a DEN context.

Jeff