[phenixbb] zero B-factors

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 25 19:58:06 PST 2013

Yes, the threshold for suspicious isn't very clear if resolution is not
known. If resolution is known it is less unclear.

B-factor ~0.5-5.0 A**2 is normal for resolutions like 0.5A and better,
while is clearly suspicious for 2A resolution. etc.

If you plot B vs resolution for all PDB entries there is a nice
correlation; there is slide showing it here (sorry, can't point page
number - my internet is too slow at the minute):
http://phenix-online.org/presentations/latest/pavel_validation.pdf

Pavel