[phenixbb] real-space refinement

"Weiergräber, Oliver H." o.h.weiergraeber at fz-juelich.de
Wed Nov 6 09:15:42 PST 2013

Well, I am dealing with a case (2.0 A data) in which overall refinement goes well (R/Rfree about 0.20/0.23), but the fit of side chains to electron density appears to be a little bit worse than it could be (many instances of atoms which appear a bit off the density centroid, easily corrected by RSR in Coot, for instance). Moreover, I found that the current phenix version gives me an Rfree about 1.5 % higher than an older version (dev-1343) did, with exactly the same input, and I suspect the reason may be the missing RSR component.

Regards,
Oliver

  PD Dr. Oliver H. Weiergräber
  Institute of Complex Systems