[phenixbb] problem refining RNA structure at 4Å resolution

Benoît Masquida b.masquida at ibmc-cnrs.unistra.fr
Wed May 29 05:53:28 PDT 2013

Dear phenix users,

I solved using MR a low resolution RNA structure taking data up to 4.3Å and a model of a structure with slight differences. However, when I try to refine, Rwork decreases quickly (start 47, final 32 but Rfree remains high (start 48, final 44). The data are pretty good up to 4.0 with I/sigma above 1. The map doesn't point clearly to wrong regions of the model. What can I try to improve the maps and build the correct model?

Thanks in advance.

Benoit