[phenixbb] mr_rosetta: how to continue from recovered mr_protocols.default run

Terwilliger, Thomas C terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue May 21 07:34:54 PDT 2013

Hi Christian,

Yes, this is a bit of a problem. As you figured out, you can restart mr_rosetta after a completed stage such as rosetta_rebuild, but not from the middle of a stage.  If you complete a stage manually (as you did) there is no solutions.pkl file to tell mr_rosetta what has been done, so it is not able to go on from there.

Instead, what you might try (if feasible in your case) is choose the best rosetta model or models (based on scores). Then put those together to make a new complex...and then start all over with that as your new model (with already_placed=True), or put it into autobuild and then recycle it in mr_rosetta.  This is more or less what mr_rosetta was going to do.

Let me know if that doesn't work,
All the best,
Tom T