[phenixbb] question about FFT map coefficients

Michael Thompson miket at chem.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 28 15:28:37 PDT 2013

Hello All,

A quick question about the "FFT map coefficients" utility in the GUI:

I have an mtz file with map coefficients that are essentially Fo-Fo for two data sets. I would like to generate a map using these coefficients, but because the subtraction of Fs has already been done, there are some values of FP that are negative. Is "FFT map coefficients" able to handle negative values for FP? If not, I can always change the sign of negative Fs and add 180 to the corresponding model phases, but I was hoping I could avoid this.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike

P.S. I do know there is an Fo-Fo map option in phenix, but the origin of my map coefficients is more complicated than simply Fo-Fo, so I cannot use this option.

--
Michael C. Thompson

Graduate Student

Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Division

Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry

University of California, Los Angeles

miket at chem.ucla.edu