[phenixbb] International Conference on Structural Genomics - Structural Life Science, Sapporo, Japan, July 29-Aug 1, 2013

Terwilliger, Thomas C terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 18 14:40:35 PDT 2013

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the organizing committee of the International Conference on Structural Genomics 2013 – Structural Life Science – (ICSG2013-SLS), we cordially welcome you to the conference, to be held in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan, July 29th – August 1st, 2013. ICSG2013-SLS is intended to provide an overview for the most recent developments in Structural Genomics and its impact on research in biology, medicine and disease, and to foster international collaboration among researchers.

You can see all the details of the conference at: http://www.c-linkage.co.jp/ICSG2013 . Registration for the conference is now open.

The scientific topics covered in ICSG2013-SLS include the wider life science research fields with particular attention to drug discovery (small molecules and biopharmaceuticals), biotechnology and industrial issues while keeping  strength in the high-throughput technologies and integration of hybrid methods. These technologies are now leading to the new field of “Structural Life Science”.

ICSG2-13-SLS is partially supported by the Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas; “Structural Cell Biology”, “Intrinsically Disordered Protein” and “Transient Macromolecular Complexes”, from Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) .

In order to widen the opportunity to young and enthusiastic fellows to study more, we have organized several satellite workshops before ICSG2013- SLS. The topics will include “Small molecule screening”, “Automation of X-ray Structure Determination”, “Cell-free Protein Production”,  “Automated NMR methods”, "Eukaryotic expression", “Interaction analyses" and "Bioinformatics”. We hope you also find the satellite workshops are informative and productive.

The conference will be held in Keio Plaza Hotel Sapporo, in walking distance of Hokkaido University's main campus and Sapporo station. The summer in Sapporo is a great time to stay and enjoy the cool summer night of Japan.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Sapporo in the summer of 2013.

Sincerely yours,

Katsumi Maenaka, Ph.D.
Chair, International Conference on Structural Genomics 2013 -Structural Life Science- (ICSG2013-SLS)
Laboratory of Biomolecular Science and Center for Research and Education on Drug Discovery, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Japan

Soichi Wakatsuki
Chair of Program Committee, ICSG2013-SLS
Photon Science, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Department of Structural Biology
School of Medicine
Stanford University