[phenixbb] problems installing latest phenix on mac osx lion

Alejandro Buschiazzo alebus at pasteur.edu.uy
Thu Mar 14 12:45:06 PDT 2013

Thanks Nat!

read your message a bit later (I think I need to change from the digest format, so I receive each message as it comes),
looking at http://phenix-online.org/pipermail/phenixbb/2013-March/thread.html

Actually, your suggestion worked all right.
(and by sourcing the phenix_env.sh as you point out, it's actually the same as the command line -installer of course)

Don't know why the errors appeared before, but in any case, now it's running fine.
Thank you for your help

Alejandro

> Not sure what's going on here - I will check it out today.  There's
> one more option however that should be the safest: did you try the
> graphical installer yet?  The destination can't be changed, but you
> can still use the command line if you want by doing this:
>
> source /Applications/PHENIX-1.8.2-1309/Contents/phenix-1.8.2-1309/phenix_env.sh
>
> (or the csh equivalent)
>
> But I will see if there's an explanation for these errors.
>
> -Nat

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Alejandro Buschiazzo
<alebus at pasteur.edu.uy  <http://phenix-online.org/mailman/listinfo/phenixbb>> wrote:
>/  I 'm trying to install phenix 1.8.2-1309 on a Macbook Pro (os x 10.7.5).
/>/
/>/  First tried the binary installer proposed (which is indicated for os x
/>/  10.6.7)
/>/  It didn't work, ending with  "fix_mac_python: caught error - exiting."
/>/
/>/  I spotted in the bb that this could've happened because the downloaded
/>/  installer was somehow corrupted, tried downloading it again, but same
/>/  result.
/>/
/>/  Tried then the source installer: everything OK - except for wxPython, giving
/>/  this error
/>/
/>/  WXPYTHON:
/>/  Using wxOSX_Cocoa build of wxPython 2.9 alpha version
/>/
/>/    building wxPython-src-2.9.4.1
/>/    ERROR: installation of wxosx_cocoa failed
/>/
/>/    ERROR: installation of wxpython failed
/>/
/>/  ...now I can work with command lines, but the GUI won't work of course.
/>/
/>/  Your help is appreciated
/>/
/>/  Alejandro