[phenixbb] problems installing latest phenix on mac osx lion

Alejandro Buschiazzo alebus at pasteur.edu.uy
Tue Mar 12 04:26:09 PDT 2013

Hello,

I 'm trying to install phenix 1.8.2-1309 on a Macbook Pro (os x 10.7.5).

First tried the binary installer proposed (which is indicated for os x
10.6.7)
It didn't work, ending with  "fix_mac_python: caught error - exiting."

I spotted in the bb that this could've happened because the downloaded
installer was somehow corrupted, tried downloading it again, but same
result.

Tried then the source installer: everything OK - except for wxPython,
giving this error
> WXPYTHON:
> Using wxOSX_Cocoa build of wxPython 2.9 alpha version
>
>   building wxPython-src-2.9.4.1
>   ERROR: installation of wxosx_cocoa failed
>
>   ERROR: installation of wxpython failed
...now I can work with command lines, but the GUI won't work of course.

Your help is appreciated

Alejandro

--
Alejandro Buschiazzo, PhD