[phenixbb] selection of different residue ranges for a NCS group

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 7 11:06:13 PST 2013

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Andres PALENCIA <palencia at embl.fr> wrote:
> Can I for example creat a ncs_groups.params file and add it to phenix.refine
> in the GUI?

Yes, you can just drag it into the list of input files.  However, I am
not sure if this is actually necessary.  The older "global" or
Cartesian NCS restraints often required manual setup of restraint
groups because they were insensitive to local deformations.  The
torsion restraints (which have been the default for several versions
now) only restrain local structure, so there is no reason for instance
why you can't restrain chains which contain domain movements.  The
intent was for them to be completely automatic, although in practice
you might want to adjust the restraint settings slightly.

Of course if you have an example where the automatic setup is
insufficient, I'm sure Jeff would be interested in seeing it.

-Nat