[phenixbb] Linux distribution question: who needs the FC3 build?

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 24 14:17:05 PDT 2013

Dear users,

We are in the process of rearranging our server room and changing the
way we do the nightly builds.  One step of this will be retiring the
bulky and ancient boxes which run Fedora 3, and standardizing on
slightly more modern OSes.  (Including Ubuntu-specific builds, as well
as the usual Fedora/RedHat/CentOS base.)  I know that some people have
found that the Fedora 8 x86_64 build does *not* run properly on their
systems, but the Fedora 3 build does.  Could anyone who has firsthand
experience with this please contact me off-list and tell me exactly
which distribution and version you are running?  We can't cover all
possible combinations (sorry Gentoo users), but I'd like to get some
idea what is still problematic.

thanks,
Nat