[phenixbb] : Post-doctoral position in structural biology (Paris, France)

Benas Philippe philippe.benas at univ-paris5.fr
Wed Jul 10 07:17:32 PDT 2013

   POST-DOCTORAL POSITION IN STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY (PARIS, FRANCE)

   .

   A postdoctoral position is available in the group of Dr. Carine
Tisne at the Laboratory of Biological Crystallography and NMR of the
University Paris Descartes, jointly with the group of Dr. Ciaran
Condon at the Laboratory of Microbial Gene Expression (CNRS UPR9073)
of the Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique. We are studying the
structure, function and folding of RNA and their complexes using NMR
spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography, together with complementary
biophysical methods. The postdoctoral research project focusses on the
processing of the 5’ and 3’ ends of 5S rRNA in Gram-positive bacteria
using solution NMR and X-ray crystallography as the main techniques.
An integral part of our projects is the use and development of
state-of-the-art preparative, biochemical and NMR techniques.

   .

   Interested candidates should hold a Ph.D. in Biochemistry,
Biophysics or Structural Biology. Expertise in NMR spectroscopy and/or
X-ray crystallography is mandatory. The successful candidate should be
highly motivated, creative and capable of independent research in a
two-team environment (10 minute walk between labs).

   The position is for a two-year term contract (one year in each
team). We offer an exciting and enthusiastic work environment together
with a stimulating location at the center of Paris (close to “Jardin
du Luxembourg”). Facilities for structural biology include 600 MHz
Bruker spectrometer equipped with cryoprobe. A new 700 MHz
spectrometer will be installed in 2014. We also have access to
high-field NMR spectrometers through the French TGIR and regular
access to synchroton beamtime at either the ESRF or SOLEIL as Beam
Time Allocation Group member. The ideal start date for the position
would be October 2013.

   .

   Applications and informal queries about the labs and research
projects should be directed by email to Carine Tisne
(carine.tisne at parisdescartes.fr) or Ciaran Condon (condon at ibpc.fr[1]).
Applications must include a letter of motivation summarizing current
and future research interests, a CV, list of publications and letters
of recommendation from at least two references.

   .
-------------------------

   PHILIPPE BENAS, PH.D.
X-ray diffraction and computing facilities manager

Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques, UMR 8015 CNRS
E-mails: philippe.benas at parisdescartes.fr, philippe_benas at yahoo.fr
URLs: http://lcrbw.pharmacie.univ-paris5.fr/ ,
http://lcrbw.pharmacie.univ-paris5.fr/spip.php?article18
"We do know nothing ! But tomorrow is another day ! ;-) "

Liens:
------
[1] mailto:condon at ibpc.fr