[phenixbb] GUI admin issues

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 8 15:57:10 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Yarrow Madrona <amadrona at uci.edu> wrote:
> 1. We recently moved all of our data from one hard drive to another.
> However, we do not know how to change the directory for all of our
> projects. The directory is similar but the hard drive is now called
> tp3home instead of tp2home.
>
> We found a .phenix directory that has  a file with a list of projects and
> directories. We updated the directories but this did not make a difference
> in the GUI.

Yes, it is non-trivial at the moment.  The most appropriate mechanism:

- move ~/.phenix somewhere else (don't delete, just to be safe, but
get it out of the way so a fresh database can be created)
- open the GUI, set up a tutorial or temporary project just to get to
the main GUI
- under "Projects" menu, pick "Import project...", and pick the
directory you want to import

This should rewrite *most* of the paths, at least in configuration files.

> 2. Is there a quick way to specify which ligand or amino acid to remove in
> the GUI with doing simmulated annealing or better to do manually?

Not within the phenix.refine GUI, but I was intending to add this
feature.  Stay tuned.

-Nat