[phenixbb] Phaser with fixed solution

R.D. Oeffner rdo20 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:49:32 PST 2013

Hi Ursula,

If I understand you correctly you have two fragments and want to place them one by one with Phaser.

If you use Phaser-MR in the automated molecular replacement mode then you shouldn't have to specify the search order of components for Phaser. Nor would you have to specify which placed fragment should be fixed and used in subsequent MR searches for the next fragment. Phaser will take care of this by itself.

Simply specify the other search fragments as another ensemble by clicking on the "Add Ensemble" button on the "Ensembles" tabbed sheet. Then click on the "Search Procedure" tabbed sheet and add that ensemble to the MR search. You'll want to let Phaser determine the search order of your fragments as it does this better than humans. So don't alter the defaults.

As for the packing test more info can be found on http://www.phaser.cimr.cam.ac.uk/index.php/Keywords#PACK
In your case I should probably try and play with the cutoff value for a start.

Hope this helps,

Robert

--
Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.