[phenixbb] Phenix for Ubuntu 12.04

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 23 08:37:04 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Kay Diederichs
<Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
> coming from RedHat Linux, I have a difficult time to install the latest
> nightly phenix build on a 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS notebook. (I must confess
> that I did not try any older or stable releases, like 1.8.1)

It's not just you, apparently.  I still need to check this - will try
to do so today.

> So I believe I should apt-get install certain packages. Does anyone know
> which ones?

libjpeg62 should do the trick.  We probably ought to check for it at
the end of the installation process, since this issue comes up often.

I'm not sure about the source installer, but I'll try that too.  In
general however supporting the source install on random platforms is a
nightmare, which is why we try to get everyone to download the binary
if possible.

-Nat