[phenixbb] Refining anomalous groups

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 9 13:09:32 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Brennan Bonnet
<Brennan.Bonnet at lightsource.ca> wrote:
> It looks like the crisis has been averted.  One of my colleagues suggested that the problem could be due to running Phenix on our data processing server and when I tried to run it locally instead, the problem cleared up.  Go figure. :p
>
> Thanks for your help regardless! Let me know if you would still like me to send any files in case it's something that you should know about.

No, that's more or less what I'd expect to happen - 3D graphics over
remote X11 connections does not work very well.  I may be able to
figure out a way to detect whether the program is being displayed
locally or remotely and disable the graphics window so it doesn't
crash the entire GUI.

-Nat